This is a rare opportunity to taste these extremely limited wines, and a few vertical mini-flights: 05 & 06 Pinot Noir plus 06 & 07 Chardonnay. These wines, like so many from the Sta. Rita Hills appellation, have a beautiful balance of fruit flavors, razor-sharp acidity and minerality or salinity, making them elegant and unique. And so good you can’t put them down.
Here are a few facts directly from Foley Estates about this historic property:
“As part of the original Spanish Land Grant, the 460-acre Rancho Santa Rosa property is one of Santa Barbara’s most historic parcels. Purchased in 1998 by William Foley II, the stunning property boasts a magnificent south-facing hillside that extends over 500 feet in elevation to 1000 feet above sea level. The expansive hillside has a variety of soil types and exposures, which coupled with the property’s direct exposure to the Pacific Ocean creates an ideal vineyard setting for the cultivation of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.”
The August Tasting Room Experience Includes:
- 2011 Sta. Rita Hills Chardonnay – lemon, kiwi, orange blossom, sweet basil, jasmine, lime, ginger: taut & focused
- 2006 Rancho Santa Rosa Chardonnay – lime, honeysuckle, sage, apricot, tangerine, minerals: drying salinity on the palate
- 2007 Rancho Santa Rosa Chardonnay – apricot, honeycomb, peach, wet stone, brine: assertive & structured
- 2011 Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir – pomegranate, anise, tea, dried cherries, baker’s cocoa: firm & savory
- 2005 Rancho Santa Rosa Pinot Noir – anise, sandalwood, Chambord, rhubarb, beets: lush & persistent
- 2006 Rancho Santa Rosa Pinot Noir – thyme, pink peppercorn, pomegranate, meat, soy: firmly structured mouthfeel
The $20 tasting flight also includes the 2010 Sta. Rita Hills chardonnay and 2011 Sta. Rita Hills pinot noir served with a complimentary selection of gourmet cheeses. Visit Brewer-Clifton at the winery in Lompoc.
Keep in mind these wines are extremely limited. Flight will change based on availability. Find Brewer-Clifton on: